About the District of Columbia Chapter of the ACP
Welcome to the Web site for the District of Columbia Chapter of the American College of Physicians.
Members of the DC Chapter are dedicated to the specialty, motivated to represent and speak for Internal Medicine in our state, and impassioned as they reflect the interests and concerns of the specialty. If you are an internist and not yet an ACP Member, I invite you to browse our Web site to learn more about the College, the Chapter, and activities in our area.
It is the Governor's responsibility to represent the DC Chapter at the national organization and to encourage internists from our state to become members, advance to fellowship, and to participate in Chapter activities. It is also the Governor's role to recognize members and their activities, to encourage local input to the national organization, to promote local political activity on issues impacting Internal Medicine, to host scientific meetings and CME events, and to recruit Associate and Student members. In addition, the Governor initiates strategic planning, promotes the resolution process (communication of needs at the national level), and facilitates communication between Wisconsin Internists and the national ACP.
The purpose of this site is to help keep DC area Internists up to date on developments and activities of our Chapter. Any suggestions you might have for content in our Web site are encouraged. Similarly, we would like to hear any suggestions you may have for improving the DC Chapter and how both the Chapter and the National ACP may serve you better. Our primary mission is "Upholding the best tradition and creating opportunities for excellence in the future of Internal Medicine." Please let us know how we can be of service.
Shmuel Shoham, MD, FACP
Governor, DC Chapter
The Mission of the ACP is to enhance the quality and effectiveness of health care by fostering excellence and professionalism in the practice of medicine. Briefly, ACP serves internists and its subspecialties and allied fields based on Internal Medicine training, by helping YOU:
IMPROVE your knowledge and patient care
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- ACP JournalWise
- ACP Hospitalist
- ACP Internist
- Professional books
- Attend Scientific Conferences and postgraduate courses
- Evidence based resources – Clinical Guidelines, Clinical Skills Program, ACP SmartMedicine, High Value Care positions
- Free patient educational resources
MANAGE your career and practice
- Maintain certification with ACP board review courses, ABIM SEP Module questions, MKSAP
- Enhance CV through ACP Leadership Academy, advancement to ACP Fellowship or submissions to ACP journals for publication
- Business tools from Center for Practice Improvement and Innovation
- Practice solutions through ACP Practice Advisor and free service of AmericanEHR Partners
CONNECT with other ACP members and your legislators
- Chapter events and webinars
- Special Interest Groups and social media forums
- Participate in committees and special councils to help guide ACP policies
- Participate in Advocates for Internal Medicine Network
- Attend ACP Leadership Day and meetings on Capitol Hill.
For more details and a complete list of benefits, click here